Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oct 23rd... Day 5

Sarah and I decided to have a chill day. Most of the group decided to go to "The Poor Mans Galapagos" to do some snorkeling and hiking. It would have been neat to see the blue footed boobies and such, but we decided a regroup day was a little more important.

So we rolled out of bed at noon for some breakfast, put a little aloe on the shoulders (and our burns were probably the least in the group haha), and I finally checked me email (thanks to Chris... as some of you may have realized my email got hacked the day I left.. so hotmail locked me out. I needed a cell phone number in order to regain access to my account... and since I'm in South America, I seem to be lacking a cell phone number... so my apologies to all those that received some span from my account).

That night we went for a group dinner to celebrate one of our group members 70th birthday!! I guess on that note it's probably a good time to introduce the group. So, you already know Sarah and myself are on this tour. Then we have a couple from BC, Oscar and Joy. There is a lady from just outside Calgary, Janice. We have a few more young ladies, Kim from New York and Sarah from the UK. We have a charming young man from Switzerland. We have another Canadian girl joining us a little later in the tour names Erin. And lastly, our lovely leader Giovanny!

Anyway, for Oscar's 70th birthday we followed the Ecuadorian traditions... he basically had to smoosh his face in to his birthday cake... and then that was followed with a belt beating for every year. He was a pretty good sport about it.

1 comment: